This new Embedded Artists’ iMX8M COM Board provides a quick and easy solution for implementing a high-performance ARM quad/dual-core Cortex-A53 / Cortex-M4F based design. The Cortex-A53 / Cortex-M4F heterogeneous architecture enables the system to run an OS like Linux on the quad/dual-core Cortex-A53 and a Real-Time OS (RTOS) on the Cortex-M4F.
The i.MX 8M supports 4K video decoding and has dual display outputs (HDMI and MIPI-DSI). The design is a low-power implementation with LPDDR4 memories and a PMIC supporting DVFS techniques. Typical applications are media streaming, general graphical interface solutions, communication solutions and connected real-time systems.
- NXP i.MX 8M, Quad/Dual-core ARM Cortex-A53 and
- Cortex-M4F, up to 1.5GHz/266MHz
- High performance, up to 13800 DMIPS
- 1 GByte LPDDR4 3200 MT/s, 32-bit databus
- 8 GByte eMMC on-board Flash
- 4Kp60 video decoding
- HDMI and MIPI-DSI graphical output
- Dual PCIe, USB3.0/2.0, Gigabit Ethernet and more
- Linux BSP
- 82 x 50 mm small form factor
- Long term availability
Embedded Artists is a reliable and competent partner – together we help you become successful!
- Professional and responsive support
- Pre-designed standard Carrier boards for integration
- Custom Carrier board design
- Different pinning, supply voltage, memory sizes, etc
- Single Board Computer (SBC) solutions
- Display solutions
- Mechanical solutions
- Schematic review of customer carrier board designs
- Driver and application development
The iMX8M COM Board is supported by the iMX8M Developer’s Kit that provides a quick path to get started with development and integration work. The kit provides reference implementations of key interfaces.