Monolithic Power Systems has introduced a new synchronous, 4-switch integrated buck-boost converter, the MP8862. The converter can regulate the output voltage from a wide input voltage range of 2.8V to 22V with high efficiency. The converter supports an Iout of 2A. Vout ranges from a 1V minimum to a maximum of 20.47V with a 5mV resolution controlled through I2C. The device can operate at up to a maximum of 500kHz.
The converter’s integrated output voltage scaling and adjustable output current limit functions fit the USB Power Delivery (PD) requirement. Applications for the converter include USB PD sourcing ports and buck-boost bus supplies.
• Wide 2.8V to 22V Operating Input-Voltage Range
• 1V to 20.47V Output Voltage Range (5V Default) with 10mV Resolution through I2C
• 2A Output Current
• Four Low RDS(on) Internal Buck Power MOSFETs
• Adjustable Accurate CC Output-Current Limit with Internal Sensing FET via I2C
• 500kHz Switching Frequency
• Output OVP Hiccup
• Output Short Circuitry Protection with Hiccup
• Over Temperature Warning and Shutdown
• 3.4MHz I2C Interface with ALT pin
• 4 Programmable I2C Addresses
• OTP (One-Time-Program) Non-volatile Memory
• I2C Programmable Line Drop Compensation, PFM/PWM Mode, Soft-start, OCP etc.
• EN Shutdown Discharge Programmable
• Available in a QFN-16 (3mmx3mm) Package