The MP2662 is a highly integrated, single-cell, Li-ion/Li-polymer battery charger with system power path management for space-limited portable applications. The MP2662 takes input power from either an AC adapter or a USB port to supply the system load and charge the battery simultaneously. The charger function features pre-charge (PRE.C), fast current (CC) and constant voltage (CV) regulation, charge termination, and auto-recharge.
The power path management function ensures continuous power to the system by automatically selecting the input, battery, or both to power the system. This function features a low dropout regulator from the input to the system and a 100mΩ switch from the battery to the system. Power path management separates the charging current from the system load, which allows for proper charge termination and keeps the battery in full-charge mode.
The MP2662 is available in a 9-pin WCSP (1.75mmx1.75mm) package.
• Fully Autonomous Charger for Single-Cell Li Ion/Polymer Batteries
• 21V Maximum Input Voltage Rating with Over-Voltage Protection (OVP)
• ±0.5% Charging Voltage Accuracy
• I2C Interface for Setting Charging Parameters and Status Reporting
• Fully Integrated Power Switches and No External Blocking Diode Required
• Built-In Robust Charging Protection Including Battery Temperature Monitoring and Programmable Timer
• PCB Over-Temperature Protection (PCB_OTP)
• System Reset Function
• Built-In Battery Disconnection Function
• Thermal Limiting Regulation On-Chip
• Available in a WCSP-9 (1.75mmx1.75mm) Package