The UPD301A is a stand-alone USB Type-C PD controller that simplifies the implementation of basic USB Type-C PD charging functionality. This makes it suitable for applications from rear seat charging in vehicles to portable equipment to public charging stations. The UPD301A provides stand-alone operation for source PD applications, enabling cable plug orientation and detection for a USB Type-C receptacle, and implementing baseband communication with a partner USB Type-C device via the integrated USB Power Delivery 3.0 MAC.
The embedded 32-bit ARM Cortex-M0+ implements a full Power Delivery firmware stack, providing a turn-key solution for USB-C™ power-only applications, and requiring minimal customer development. Configuration is supported via pin straps to select source functionality and PD power profiles. Optionally, a second PD port is supported via SPI connection to an external Microchip UPD350 USB-C transceiver. It is available in commercial (0°C to +70°C) and industrial/automotive grade 3 (-40°C to +85°C) temperature ranges.
• Single-chip USB Type-C™ (1) Power Delivery Solution for Stand-alone Source-only operation
• Preprogrammed Power Delivery Firmware Supports Standard Power Delivery Power Profiles (15/27/45/60W)
• USB Power Delivery 3.0 Compliant MAC
• Easily Supports 2nd Port via UPD350 Add-on
• Commercial, Industrial, and Automotive Temperature Support