KU Leuven Technology Campus Ostend, Lab ReMI invites you to the course “PCB Design and Layout Techniques for Cost-Effective SI,PI and EMC, in 2015”
Main goal of this course:
Every two years, on average, every type of semiconductor that is available on the market goes through a die-shrink, which makes their emissions and immunity worse. This applies to older device types, like 74-series TTL and HCMOS, as well as to the latest microprocessors and memories, so designing with the same old parts does not protect us from this problem.
So PCB technology must continually advance, to design PCBs in a way that doesn’t create problems for Signal Integrity (SI), Power Integrity (PI) and ElectroMagnetic Compatibility (EMC).
In this course several proven basic and advanced PCB design techniques are shown in order to reduce SI, PI and EMC problems.
Who should come to this course:
This course is open to all interested people, especially electronic hardware and PCB designers and their managers.
Topics day 1 (general techniques):
- The scope of these layout techniques
- Saving time and money
- Interface analysis, filtering, and suppression
- 0V and power planes
- PCB-chassis bonding
- Power supply decoupling
- Switch-mode power converter layout (AC-DC, DC-DC, etc.)
- Transmission line techniques
- Layer stacking
- Devices with BGA packages and/or multiple DC rails
- Some useful references and sources
Topics day 2 (advanced techniques) :
- When should we use advanced PCB techniques?
- Future trends and their implications
- Rules of thumb, approximations, simulations
- Virtual design for SI and EMC
- Advanced segregation techniques
- PCB-level shielding up to GHz
- Advanced interface filtering and suppression
- Advanced PCB-chassis bonding
- Advanced PCB planes
- The totally shielded PCB assembly
- Advanced PCB decoupling
Date: 2 & 3 Dec 2015 from 09:00 to 17:00
Price: €750 lunch and book “EMC for Printed Circuit Boards – Basic and Advanced Design and Layout Techniques by K. Armstrong” included.
Preliminary course: “Electromagnetic compatibility: mysteries unraveled…”: More Information (Both courses can be registered at the same time at a discount price of €1200)