If you’re developing a product, you’re making financial, time, and sometimes, an emotional investment in getting the product to market. The last thing you want is to get held up by compliance testing failures. Incorporating a pre-compliance solution into your work processes provides numerous benefits, including:
- Early identification of potential EMI/EMC issues that may delay time-to-market and increase development costs
- Reduction of EMI/EMC related costs
- Increased confidence in your product before you take it to the test house
- Immediate feedback on the impact of design changes
- Flexibility to test on your schedule
Good EMC design techniques are not too difficult to implement if they are introduced at the earliest stages of design. If modifications need to be made later in the design to meet EMC requirements, it becomes much harder.