Luminus Devices is expanding its Gen4 LED COB portfolio with two new Pico-COBs with high-output and very small light emitting surfaces (LES) that enable spotlights with compact form factors, narrow beam angles, and high center beam candle power.
Small, 6mm LES, COBs are typically limited to approximately 9 degree viewing angles. Luminus’ new Pico-COBs enable fixtures with viewing angles as narrow as 5 degrees and produce high flux density, or punch, that is so important for high quality-of-light directional lighting applications for museum, residential, hospitality, and other environments. The CXM-3 has an LES of 3.5 mm and produces up to 675 lumens of 90 CRI minimum warm 3000K light, which makes it an ideal replacement for a 50W halogen spot. The CXM-4 has an LES of 4.5 mm and generates up to 1255 lumens, and as with all Luminus COBs, these new devices are specified and 100% factory tested at a junction temperature of 85°C, to ensure performance and consistency that meets the users’ expectations in real-world application conditions.
• Smallest LES: 3.5mm & 4.5mm diameter
• Delivers beam angles ≤ 8⁰
• Standard voltage 36V and 18V
• Standard substrate 13.5mm x 13.5mm
• Robust Gen 4 platform with low thermal resistance
• Over 1,000 lm CXM-4 @max current 3000K & 90 CRI hot
• CXM-3 the smallest LES available from a COB
• Standard substrates size same as CXM-6 AC40
• CXM-4 with 4.5mm diameter LES
• Smaller LES for narrower beam, 8⁰ typical